How to Register and Apply for a Travel Pass With S-Pass

Last Updated on February 10, 2022 by Tina

S-Pass is an online travel management system where you can facilitate your travels to provinces and cities with travel restrictions. It was developed by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) VI primarily intended to make traveling in the Philippines during this pandemic safe, swift, and smart. On the S-Pass website, you can check the latest travel policy implemented by the local government unit (LGU) of your destination and whether you need to secure a travel pass or not.

On February 10, 2022, the Philippines will start to accept fully-vaccinated* foreign leisure travelers from visa-free countries. Some destinations in the country require tourists to secure a travel permit through S-pass when visiting. In this post, I’m sharing a step-by-step procedure on how to register and apply for a travel pass with S-Pass, to help make a tourist’s life easier, especially the foreign tourists.

* You are considered fully vaccinated if you received your single-dose vaccine or your second dose in a two-dose series at least two weeks.

Never Miss An Update

Sign up today and be notified of new posts.

Join 112 other subscribers

How to Register With S-Pass

To register with S-Pass, go to Once you are on the website, click on the Register button.

You will then be directed to the Traveler Registration page. You need to fill out the required fields. To be able to register, you need to have a mobile phone number. As of now, only Philippine mobile numbers can be used to register. I am not sure if they are going to update the website in the coming days to allow foreign travelers to register using their international number. Alternatively, foreign tourists can purchase a local sim card. It costs around Php 30 (less than a dollar).

Click on NEXT when you finish typing in your mobile number. Next, you need to create a password. Click on NEXT when you’re finished.

Next will be your personal details. If you are a foreigner, since you don’t have a Philippine address, just use the address of the hotel you will be staying at in Metro Manila (because I am assuming you’ll be flying into Ninoy Aquino International Airport). The Region is National Capital Region and the province is Metro Manila. The municipality/city would be Makati or Quezon City or wherever you have your hotel booked.

I’m not sure if it’s just my internet connection, but it took some time for the drop-down options for the Region, Province, and Municipality/City to be loaded. Just be patient and wait. Make sure you answer all the required fields (the ones with a red asterisk). When you’re done, click on NEXT.

Review your details then put on a tick in the I’m not a robot box. Click on SUBMIT.

And that’s it! You now have an account with S-Pass.

Where to Go in the Philippines: Destinations That Are Now Open To Tourists

How to Apply for a Travel Pass with S-Pass

To apply for a travel pass, you need to log in to your account first. If you have just registered, you are automatically logged in to your account. Click on the APPLY PERMIT button.

Next, you need to select where is your current location and where is your destination. Again you need to select from the drop-down. After that, you will be told if you need a Travel Coordination Permit (travel pass).

If you scroll down, you will see the requirements of the LGU of your destination. You will also see the contact numbers of your destination LGU.


If you scroll to the bottom, you will see the button APPLY FOR TRAVEL COORDINATION PERMIT (TCP). Click on that. You will be directed to the New Travel Coordination Permit Application page.

Fill out all required fields. In the Type of Traveler, make sure to select Local Tourists if you are a tourist from the Philippines and Foreign Tourists if you are a foreigner.

Next, fill in your personal details. Again, make sure you answer all required fields.

In the travel details, the Date of Departure and Date of Arrival is quite confusing. Good thing I checked the Frequently Asked Questions page. It says there that the Date of Departure is the specific date when the traveler boards a flight or trip leaving his or her origin LGU. The Date of Arrival is the specific date when the traveler disembarks for arrival at his or her destination LGU. For travelers passing through several LGUs, this should be the specific date of arrival at the last destination LGU.

As an example, if you are going to El Nido and your flight from Manila is February 26, 2022, your Date of Departure will be February 26, 2022. Since it doesn’t take more than a day to get to El Nido by air, your Date of Arrival (the day you arrive in El Nido) will also be February 26, 2022.

Fill in all the other required fields and when you are done, put a tick on the I’m not a robot box. Click on PROCEED.

Next, you need to upload attachments such as valid ID, proof of vaccination, and RT-PCR test results. When you are finished, put a tick on the I’m not a robot box and click on SUBMIT.



Travel Coordination Permit Approval

Wait for the approval of your Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). The approval of the TCP depends on the destination LGU.  Some LGUs are working round-the-clock to review pending travel permits and others approve TCPs from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM only. It is best to coordinate with the destination LGU ahead of time especially if the travel is considered urgent in nature.

If your travel is within 24 hours and your TCP is still pending approval, contact the destination LGU. Visit the S-Pass Contact Us page ( and the LGU in the Travel Policy Table ( to check for contact details of the destination LGU.

For more information about S-Pass, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page of the S-Pass.

I hope I was able to help you with your S-Pass registration. If you have other questions regarding this post, write them down in the comments below or send me an email or message me on my social media accounts.

And if you haven’t subscribed to my blog yet, please do so you don’t miss any of my posts. And please follow my Facebook page @iwentanyways and like my Instagram accounts @iwentanyways and @tnadeperalta for updates.

Spread the love

2 thoughts on “How to Register and Apply for a Travel Pass With S-Pass”

  1. I’m an international tourist visiting El Nido via Coron. Can I apply for my TCP ahead of time before I leave the UK? Looking through your snapshots, you mention uploading g results of PCR test. According to my knowledge @ November 2022, these are not required if you are fully vaccinated. Please confirm this.

    1. Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Tests are no longer required if you are fully vaccinated. And I don’t think they still require S-pass. Let me check and get back to you.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Verified by MonsterInsights