How To Get A Medical Certificate and Travel Authority in Quezon City

Last Updated on March 26, 2021 by Tina

Nine months ago if we need to go somewhere outside our province, all we need to do is pack our bags and go. Things changed when the pandemic happened. For more than two months, we were not allowed to go out of our homes. And now that we could, we can’t go out without a face mask. If we need to travel to a different province, we can’t do it spontaneously because we need to secure a travel authority (travel pass/travel permit) from the police station. And securing one takes at least a day to accomplish.

Two weeks ago I had to travel from La Union to Quezon City to pack my things up in my apartment. It was my first time leaving the province after more than eight months. My apartment was under a contract and my things are still there so I had to pay the rent even if I wasn’t staying there. So when my contract was about to end, I decided not to renew my contract anymore.

Securing a travel authority in La Union is easy, it doesn’t take an hour to complete it. Doing it in Quezon City is a different story. When you are out of La Union for more than a day, you already need to secure the requirements on border entries when you go back.

Related Post: Hotels in San Juan, La Union That Are Now Open For Tourists From Region 1

Requirements on Border Entries in La Union

As per the Provincial Government of La Union Executive Order No. 35, Series of 2020, a returning resident needs to present the following when entering any of the established borders of the province:

  1. La Union Health Declaration Form
  2. Government Issued ID
  3. Travel authority from PNP (Philippine National Police)
  4. Health Certificate from Local Health Office
  5. Negative RT-PCR Test Results if coming from MECQ (Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine) or ECQ (Enhanced Community Quarantine) Areas

Since Quezon City is under GCQ (General Community Quarantine) already, the RT-PCR test result is no longer required. At least that was what the person from the La Union Covid Hotline told me when I called their office.

San Juan, La Union Travel Guide During the Pandemic

Never Miss An Update

Sign up today and be notified of new posts.

Join 106 other subscribers

Shopee Unilever


How to Secure a Medical Certificate

My apartment is located in Brgy. San Roque in Quezon City. When I asked friends how to acquire a travel permit in Quezon City, they told me I only need to go to the Barangay Hall to get a health certificate then go to the nearest PNP station and present the health certificate to secure a travel permit/travel authority. However, when I went to the Barangay Hall of San Roque, I was told that I have to follow the procedure below:

1. Fill out the Health Declaration Form.

So first I had to get a Health Declaration Form at Murphy Super Health Center located 270 meters away from the Barangay Hall. Take note though that when you get a Health Declaration Form, you need to show them proof that you are a resident of Brgy. San Roque. Since I don’t have an ID saying I am from Brgy. San Roque, I had to ask my landlady to give me a letter signed by her saying that I am renting her unit. A photocopy of her ID and my ID are also required.

Related Post: How To Get a Medical Certificate and Travel Authority in San Juan, La Union

When they gave me the Health Declaration Form, they didn’t perform any test on me. They didn’t even get my body temperature so I had to make a guess because it is needed in the form. They only asked if I have Covid and I said no. Then they asked where I was traveling to and how old I am. Then they gave me the form.

Health Declaration Form

You might also be interested: Hotels in Baguio City That Are Now Open For Tourists

2. Get a Barangay Certification from the Barangay Hall.

After completing the form, I went to the Barangay Hall to secure a Barangay Certification. It is needed in order to get a health certificate at the Quezon City Hall.

3. Secure Medical Travel Clearance Certificate from the Quezon City Health Office.

My sister’s friend who is working in Quezon City Hall said I could try getting a medical certificate from the health center of the barangay next to San Roque which is Brgy. Socorro. I went there but I was told that it will be useless because PNP Station 7 only accepts the medical certificate from Quezon City Health Office. So I had no choice but to go to Quezon City Hall.

The queue in getting the medical certificate in Quezon City Hall is super long. The queue is on the right side. There are chairs and every two or three minutes it is moving. I queued for 3 hours and 15 minutes for the certificate. I was there at 10:30 AM without eating breakfast and I finished at 1:45 PM. There are vendors selling sandwiches and bottled water but I was afraid of removing my mask so I was starving when I finished.

The requirement in getting a medical certificate is the Barangay Certificate and a valid ID. Then they will get your body temperature, ask where you are going, the date of travel, and the purpose of travel. After that, you’ll get the certificate.

Medical travel clearance certificate

You might also be interested: Travel to Baguio in the New Normal – Here’s What You Need To Know

How to Secure a Travel Authority (Travel Permit/Travel Pass)

When you go to the PNP station nearest you (in my case Station 7), you need to bring the following:

  1. Original and photocopy of the Medical Travel Clearance Certificate from Quezon City Health Office.
  2. Coordination letter/acceptance letter of the place you are traveling to. (I used the travel authority I secured from San Juan, La Union for this)
  3. A photocopy of your valid ID
  4. Travel form (you can get this at the police station)
Requirements when securing a travel authority
The Travel Authority from PNP Station 7
The Travel Authority from San Juan, La Union

For the travel authority, it took me about an hour and a half of queueing time. As long as you have complete requirements, you won’t have any problem getting one.

I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to write them down in the comments section. Subscribe to my blog if you don’t want to miss any of my posts. And please follow my Facebook page @iwentanyways and like my Instagram accounts @iwentanyways and @tnadeperalta for updates.

* Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to book something is completely up to you. Using my links costs you nothing extra and will help in maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
Spread the love

27 thoughts on “How To Get A Medical Certificate and Travel Authority in Quezon City”

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this experience, Tina! This will be very helpful for our family, who plans to go home to the province for the Holidays. More power!

    1. Hi Tina, planning to visit my in laws in Sudipen this month. May I know if the QC police/health office issue certificates to kids below 10yo?

  2. hi ate, may i know if pwede kumuha ng mga certificate/permits pag weekend? kasi un lang available time lalo ng mga working na tulad ko.

    thank you!

    1. Hi Ruben. I’m not so sure about this. I think Quezon City Hall is close on weekends. Try mo inquire sa barangay hall ninyo, baka pwede naman dun lang kumuha ng medical certificate, then for the travel authority I think yung ibang stations ng PNP d naman kasing strict ng Station 7

  3. Thank you for an informative post! I’m now starting to process requirements so I can also go to my province (and leave QC!haha).
    Would you know if there is a separate lane for PWDs, seniors on the QC Health office?

  4. Hi Tina! Thank you for this post! I was wondering what was required for you to enter QC from La Union? Is it safe to assume that only the place of origin (in my case Bohol) requires specific travel documents? Thank you so much!

    1. Hi Julie. I secured health certificate and travel authority from La Union when I went to QC. However, no one checked our papers in NLEX or anywhere else

  5. Hello Tina,

    Thank you for your informative blog. I’m Charisza from Cebu. I’m wondering if the requirements going to Quezon City are the ones mentioned by your friends (Med Certificate and PNP Certificate) only?

    If I am not mistaken, you processed the QC requirements in order to go to LU, correct?

    I look forward to your reply 🙂

    Have a great day and stay healthy!

  6. Hi po, i came from the province po, is the medical certificate valid po from there if not more than 7 days ka nagstay sa QC?

    1. Better ask na lang po sa province nyo. Iba iba kasi ata ung guidelines. In La Union, if you are out of the province for more than a day, you’ll need to secure travel documents na dun sa lugar na pinuntahan mo

  7. Hi! May i know what are the requirements when going to Bangar, La Union? Do they still need a swab test? Hoping for your response. Thank you!

    1. I don’t know their schedule in QC. But here in San Juan, La Union, I think their schedule is 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Yes, you get it on the same day in Station 7 in QC

  8. Thank u Tina. Do you know if they allow kids in QC Health Office? I need to secure health certificate for me and my 3 y/o daughter for travel sana. Thank you!

    1. Hi Grace,

      Sorry but I dont know if they allow kids in QC. In San Juan, La Union they allow kids but different cities and municipalities have different rules so I’m just not sure if it’s the same with QC

  9. Joann Kenneth Llantero

    Hi inquire lang, yung family ng in-law ko taga mangatarem pangasinan pupunta sila dito sa marikina, may need pa ba silang requirements para makapunta ng marikina?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.