Last Updated on April 25, 2022 by Tina
One of the travel requirements to enter Singapore is to submit Singapore Arrival Card. The SG Arrival Card is the electronic version of the paper disembarkation/embarkation (DE) card that foreign visitors fill out and submit upon arrival in Singapore for immigration clearance. It comes with a health declaration function as part of the border control measures in response to the COVID-19 of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Filling out the SG Arrival Card is very easy and takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Submission is free of charge.
Never Miss An Update
What Do You Need When You Fill Out and Submit SG Arrival Card?
In the Singapore Arrival Card, you need to fill in your personal information, passport details, contact information, travel information, and the details of your accommodation in Singapore. Take note that the SG Arrival Card is not a visa.
When Can You Submit SG Arrival Card?
You can submit your SG Arrival Card within three (3) days prior to the date of your arrival in Singapore. You can submit it via the official SG Arrival Card E-service website. Alternatively, you can download the official “SG Arrival Card” mobile application from either the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) and submit it from there.
How to Fill Up Singapore Arrival Card for Foreign Visitors
Here’s the step by step process for filling up the Singapore Arrival Card:
- Go to the official SG Arrival Card E-service website and click on Foreign Visitors (including In-Principle Approval (IPA) Holders).
- Next, select Individual Submission if you are submitting for yourself only, or Group Submission if you are submitting on behalf of a group. When I traveled to Singapore two weeks ago, I traveled with my mom. I submitted for both of us so I choose Group Submission.
- Next, you need to fill in your personal information: full name, passport number, date of birth, and citizenship. For the full name, I typed in the format first name, middle name then family name. Click Confirm when you finish.
- Next, fill in your additional information: sex, date of passport expiry, place of residence, country of birth, email address, and mobile number. Then click Continue.
- Next will be the trip information. Fill in the date of your arrival in Singapore and your mode of travel if it is by air, land, or sea. Then click Confirm.
- On the following page, you need to select whether your mode of travel is commercial or private. If you select commercial, you also need to select the flight code (airline) as well as the flight number. For your accommodation, select whether you are staying in a hotel, residential, or others. If you select hotel, you will need to select in the dropdown the name of the hotel where you will be staying at. If it’s residential, you need to fill in the address. Select Others if you are going to Singapore on transit or a day trip. You also need to select the last city/port of embarkation before Singapore as well as the next city/port of disembarkation after Singapore. If your next city is the same as your port of embarkation before Singapore, simply tick on the box that says Same as Last City. Next, fill in the date of your departure from Singapore.
- In the Others section, you are asked if you ever used a passport under a different name to enter Singapore.
- Next is the Health Declaration section. Here you are asked about your travel history and if you are experiencing any symptoms in the last 7 days. Click on Preview when you finish.
- A summary of your answers can be found on the next page. If there is information that you need to change, click on the Edit button on the bottom part of the page. If everything is okay, read the declaration then tick on the box I have read and agreed to the declaration on the bottom part. Then click Submit.
The Individual Submission and Group Submission are almost the same. The difference is that in the group submission you first fill in the information of the lead traveler, then click on the Add Traveler button after the Health Declaration of the lead traveler, and do the same.
Upon submission of the SG Arrival Card, you will receive an acknowledgment message on the next page. You can either print it or download the message and save it as a PDF on your phone. An acknowledgment message will also be sent in your email. You are going to show the acknowledgment message at the immigration in Singapore. It’s okay if you can’t print the acknowledgment message. Just show the soft copy at the immigration.
If you have other questions about filling out the Singapore Arrival Card, feel free to write them down in the comments section below. You can also send your questions to my email or my social media accounts.
If you haven’t subscribed to my blog yet, please do so you don’t miss any of my posts. And please follow my Facebook page @iwentanyways and like my Instagram accounts @iwentanyways and @tnadeperalta for updates.
Like what you read? Pin this for later!