If I remember correctly, I was 33 when I made my first bucket list. I prepared a list with the title 33 Things To Do Before I Turn 34. I don’t remember anymore what I listed down that time and where that list is but I believe I was able to tick off some items on that list. I was planning to do another list last year with the title 34 Things To Do Before I Turn 35 but I can’t think of 34 interesting or challenging things that can be done in a year so I did not continue.
Last month, my friends Liza, Hanna and I prepared a bucket list for 2017. Hanna and I agreed that the items must be ticked off before December 31, 2017. I am not sure though if Hanna was able to explain this to Liza because when I read some of the items from Liza’s list, I noticed that some of the items are hard to accomplish by the end of the year. We gave Liza time to revise her list but she said that she is busy so she’ll just try to accomplish as many as she can. The three of us agreed that whoever accomplishes the least will treat the other two for dinner.
Below is the bucket list we prepared which we posted on Instagram and as we tick off one item from the list, we are to post a picture of it being accomplished on Instagram as proof.
I have prepared another list, this time with the title 40 Before 40. This list consists of 40 goals I need to tick off before I turn 40 years old. I included in this list some of the items from my 2017 bucket list:
- Get inked.
- Learn how to surf.
- Sleep in a capsule hotel.
- Visit all the countries in Southeast Asia.
- Climb Mt. Kinabalu.
- Hike Qixing Mountain, the highest dormant volcano in Taiwan.
- Hike Rainbow Mountain in Peru.
- Trek the Annapurna Base Camp.
- Trek the Everest Base Camp.
- See the Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis.
- Have a spontaneous road trip with no destination.
- Attach a lock to a love bridge.
- Rope swing into water.
- Release a paper lantern.
- Go on a cruise.
- Attend a music festival.
- Go to the top of Eiffel Tower.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Backpack through Europe for 2 months or longer.
- See the great pyramids.
- Explore Chefchaouen, Morocco.
- Trek the Great Wall of China.
- Visit a pink sand beach.
- Trek the Inca Trail in Peru.
- Explore a real castle.
- Hold a baby panda.
- Stay in an overwater bungalow.
- Quit my 8 to 5 job and become a digital nomad.
- Eat in an underwater restaurant.
- Learn fluent Italian.
- Make a vegetable garden and have all the plants mentioned in Bahay Kubo song planted on it.
- Sleep in a treehouse.
- See/try to climb Mount Olympus.
- Watch live Muay Thai fight.
- See Christ Redeemer in Brazil.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Have a successful online accessories business.
- Visit 5 continents.
- Have a bikini selfie like that of Arci Muñoz. (Refer to picture below)
40. Have a naked selfie like that of Solenn Heussaff. (Refer to picture below)
I also wanted to add “Fall in love and get married” in the list but I am not sure if that is going to happen before I turn 40 so better put something attainable haha.
Follow my instagram account @iwentanyways to get an update of the items I get to tick off my 2017 bucket list as well as my 40 Before 40 list.